Saturday, July 23, 2011

Yet Another Blush Combo for the Summer!

If you've read my review on the Giorgio Armani Blushing Fabric in #4 here, you'd know that although I really liked the formula and the colour of it, the fact that it applied sheerly (but buildable) did not impress me much.. However, now I have found a way to make that sheerness work for me beautifully..

Here's how...

First: I apply the GA #4 using my MAC 187 Brush
Second: Dust Illamasqua Powder Blush in Lover on top



The GA #4 turns Lover in to a deepened bronzy peach rather than the bright peach it is.. And it looks so flattering for the summer time!

Now most of you know how much I adore my Illamasqua Lover blush.. I found that it works sooo great with so many blushes (see how I used it in another combination here) and the fact that it's super smooth and blends effortlessly makes it one of my all-time favourite blushes!



Have you tried been combining your blushes to get that right shade?




19 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

good idea! I frequently use powder blush over cream blush for staying power. You should try Armani Blushing fabric No 1 - it's a bright, hot pink!

r.alsharif said...

I absolutely love your posts! You're my makeup guru! :p Could you please do one about home remedies for blemishes?

Venus Loves Virgo said...

Peach is always hard for me to wear, but it looks pretty in the swatch. Hey come join my Giveaway for a Hold Me bag, you can see it in action with the video I posted, good luck! XOXO

Anita said...

What a beautiful colour! Very good idea to layer a sheer blush with a pigmented one, the outcome is gorgeous! And I agree Lover is <3

Jessica said...

Such a lovely combo! You've inspired me :)

♥ Jessica

Anonymous said...

great idea! I often use topshop cream blushers as a base and layer them with a powder one.

Mai said...

@Jamilla Camel - I did see it.. It reminded me so much of benetint but better because it blends so much better... Thanks hun =)


@r.alsharif - Awww thank you sooo much sweetie.. You're too kind..


@Venus In Virgo - Thanks hun =)


@TaTa - I love layering blushes.. It gives the most naturally beautiful cheeks!


@Jessica - Glad I was of service ;)


@The Make-up Fairy - Ohh I'd love to try TopShop Blushers! They look amaazing!

Kalmo said...

Great blush combination, looks gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I really need Lover!!

Danielle said...

I love what you did with the GA blush! That color seems like it would be able to transform a lot of powders into something different. I like layering Tickle Me Pink CCB from MAC with NARS Taj Mahal :)

Mai said...

@Kalmo - Thanks hun =)


@Tracy@Beauty Reflections - You doooo!


@Danielle - Thanks hun. Yah you're right.. Wow Tickle Me Pink + Taj Mahal that sounds so lovely!

Anonymous said...

I use cream blusher and powder blusher to help my blushes stay longer. I use Illamasquas cream blushers =)

I love the looks of 'Lover'! The two combined also looks gorgeous~

Amy said...

What a pretty cheek combo! I find that Illamsqua's products are really easy to mix with other things to create new shades. ^_^

Mai said...

@PopBlush - Yah layering cream and powder is the best way to ensure longevity of your blush.. Thanks sweetie..


@Amyboo - Yah you're right.. Illamasqua blushes are amazing for mixing ;)

emmabovary said...

So pretty! I never think to layer, I'll keep that in mind tomorrow morning while I do my makeup =)
Lover seems such a stunning shade, do want!

Mai said...

@emmabovary - layering blushes is the great! You'll get amazing results!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!~ I love the idea. I seriously need Illamasqua Lover!

Mai said...

@Yami - haha you seriously dooo! =P

sadee said...

woww you have lots of big brands on your blog

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...