Friday, July 20, 2012

Bronzer Talk: It's Bronzing Season So Lets Get Bronzed up!


I was never that huge of a bronzers fan but that's because I haven't really found the right bronzer for my skin tone.. After trying out many bronzers, I now understand their importance and I never go a day without a touch of bronzer ;)

Here are the bronzers I own...


My bronzer collection is not as big as my blush collection but here's a breakdown of each product..




Top Row (L-R):

Dior Nude Healthy Glow Powder - 002 Sunset - This came out in Dior's Summer 2011 collection.. But I think they reformulated it and brought it out again in Summer 2012 collection.. Many people went for 001 Aurora but I felt that this worked better for my skin tone.. It's a bronze peach shade that warms your complexion without making it look dull at all.. This did get a few mentions in my previous posts.. And although I don't reach for it that often, it's still an awesome bronzer with a very smooth formula that blends like a dream.. Review

Repurchase? Yes


Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel (or Bronze Universal) - This comes in one shade only and it's now marketed as a face base but I use it as bronzer.. It's a cream bronzer and it's very subtle.. Gives your complexion a beautiful glowy warmth.. And it smells AMAZING!!! Works great alone or as a base for powder bronzer or blush even.. Review

Repurchase? Definitely!


Dolce & Gabbana Bronzer - 'the animalier' - This is limited edition so you can't get it anymore.. But it looks so natural on the skin and is not orangey at all.. It has tiny sparkles that don't show up at all.. In fact this looks matte on the skin.. Blends wonderfully and is a great everyday bronzer.. Review

Repurchase? No.. I just love some other bronzers more



MIDDLE ROW (L-R):

Benefit Hoola - I've had this for ages.. I initially bought it to contour with but I just don't reach out for it as much simply because I'm not the contouring type.. But I do really like this as a crease colour for my eyes and for subtle nose contouring.. It's completely matte but can look a bit dirty on the face if you're not careful with it.. I know that the palest of skin tones also love this bronzer..

Repurchase? No


Guerlain Terra Azzura Emilio Pucci Bronzer/Blush - I saw this and I just couldn't bare to walk away from it.. It's toooo pretty and the shades looked soo beautiful in the pan.. Smells like Jasmines too! This is a wonderful product but in my opinion, it's more of a corally blush than a bronzer.. I was shocked at how sheer the bronzer actually is.. It will not show up on a lot of skin tones I think.. But swirled together, it gives a beautiful coral flush!

Repurchase? No.. Simply because I think this will last me forever!


Korres Monoi Oil Bronzer - 02 Sunglow Warmth - Now this is probably the most natural bronzer I have.. And by natural I mean natural looking and natural literally in terms of ingredients.. This is amazing! Gives me that sun kissed look without looking too over tanned.. It truly warms up my skin tone so naturally that it looks like I've been out in the sun.. And despite the fact that the formula is not as smooth as some of the other products I have, I still really love this bronzer for the shade..

Repurchase?Yes!


BareMinerals Warmth - This is such a scary colour.. It's red toned and you can definitely look like a carrot if you over do this as it's VERY pigmented.. I wouldn't use this to contour with as it might look too unnatural.. But if used sparingly, this does warm up my complexion nicelyy.. Only issue I have with this bronzer is that it's in loose form which can get a little messy if you're not careful..

Repurchase? No



Sephora Professionnel 42 Slanted Brush - This is a great fluffy contouring and blush brush.. I use it to apply powder bronzer all over the face or for when I remember to contour..

Illamasqua Blusher Brush 1 - I've mentioned these many times before but it is truly the softest brush ever! And it doesn't shed at all! The quality of Illamasqua brushes is just remarkable.. They're cheaper than MAC and are MUCH better quality in my opinion.. I use this brush mainly for my Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel and it blends it into my skin wonderfully.. It's definitely a multitasking brush as I sometimes also use it for powder and the finish is just as nice!


SWATCHES


In the swatch, the Dior and the Chanel bronzers look very similar, but on the face, they both give different effects..




My Final Thoughts: So I don't really use bronzer to contour as much as I do to actually give myself that summer sun kissed warmth.. If I were to choose my top three bronzers, it would be:

Korres Monoi Oil Bronzer 
Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel
Dior Nude Healthy Glow Powder - 002 Sunset




What are some of your favourite bronzers?
 Have you tried any of the ones I've mentioned?



18 comments:

JoanneP said...

Great post! I tend to wear bronzers as blush, occasionally for contouring. My favorites are Dior Aurora and Edward Bess Day Dream. Now I need to try that Korres Bronzer :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE the look of the Korres one, seems like a lovely shade and love the square compact :)

Love this post! I need to reach for Aurora more!xxx

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this post! Lovely photography :) X

Yu said...

Your photography is amaaazing! I really need to learn how to use my Bronze Universelle.. maybe the Illamasqua brush will help :) Thanks for a great post!

Nora said...

Great post!
The pictures drew me in! xx

MaviDeniz said...

This is a great post. My favorite bronzer is MAC's matte bronze. It's the perfect shade and a little goes a long way.

Xo

maya said...

Great post. Really curious about the korres brozer now. xx

kellyyes said...

beautiful collection! really wish I picked up one of the Dior brozers last summer :( and I love bronzer! I can't go without it. it adds such life to the face

Miss Aggie Kwong said...

I'm a big fan of bronzers too, recently have picked up NARS Laguna! and I'd love to try the Dior Nude and Chanel too!!!! They got so many hypes! Love your collection, and your descriptions are just so informative.


Following u now via Goggle +. Follow me back if you like! ♥
Say meow to me on:
Miss Kwong: From Catwalk to Classroom

The Procrastinator said...

I always love your photos! I'm lemming this Chanel bronzer soooo hard and it keeps popping up on my reading list. It's a sign. It has to be.

Shades Beyond said...

I love this post! I've been an avid fan of Hoola for a while, but wanted to switch it up with something more matte. I just discovered a new Stila bronzer I'm obsessed with and JUST wrote a review on! Maybe you can add it to your collection ;)

http://shadesbeyond.com/review-stila-set-bronze-baked-powder/

Živa said...

This post was SO helpful! I have one bronzer, so I'm a total newbie at using it. You really helped me decide what to get next :) x

Blusherine said...

I love bronzers as well!! Especially in the summer, I bronze up my face pretty heavily! :o)
I have different ones than you, but we share one: the Chanel one! :-)
xoxo
Blusherine

kerker said...

I havent tried the ones you mentioned but I recently started using bronzers. I wanted to darker my face because for some reason my face is a completely different skin tone to my neck or maybe even 2-3 shades lighter.

xo kerker
The Ugly Moments

Anonymous said...

I agree, your photography is great! I have the Guerlain and Chanel ones, and a mini hoola from a kit. I have been meaning to check out more things from Korres, so I will definitely look into this bronzer! (Not that I need anymore!) I also wish I could see Illamasqua brushes in person, but maybe I'm just not looking closely enough. PS your photos are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh so many typos sorry! And clearly I really liked your photos and had to tell you twice ;)

Anonymous said...

So helpful! I usually am not into bronzers because most I have tried look muddy on me - but this summer I am actually thinking of brozing up! D&G one looks quite nice~

EB said...

I normally use NARS Laguna but as I'm just about running out I may try the Korres one, thanks :D

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...